Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring is sprung, the grass is rise; now I wonder where the birdies is

Spring is sprung, the grass is rise; now I wonder where the birdies is. Actually, I know very well where the robins are. Ah yes, the tulips, too are budding and the Moors is coming alive after a long, cold winter. Around P'Town the sounds of spring- chirping birds in the morning, pounding hammers in daytime, and peeps in the night herald the change in season.

We open May 14 for Single Women's Weekend followed by Memorial Day. That's the start of a six month season of fun in the sun.

It looks like another great whale watching season. The Center for Coastal Studies in P'town reports thirty right whales and their calves identified between Race Point and Wood End Light Houses right in front of the salt marsh and dunes at Inn at The Moors. This is twenty per cent of the worlds population of these endangered mammals. The nutritious phytoplankton of Cape Cod Bay and the wonderful people who visit are responsible for this event. Bring binocculars!

I traveled this winter. Drove to Florida and back. I sit on the driver's lap the entire way; it's the only safe place in a car. Love the motel stops, but hate to get in the car again so every morning I hide. Moms had to use a golf club to route me from under the beds. Otherwise, I'm no trouble!

Really looking foreward to seeing my friends. You know who you are. A special hello to Gail and Pat, Anne and Mary Louise, the Murphys, David and Frank, Alex and Tom, and Rosemary in Jersey. Hi!!!

See you soon.

Love, BOB

No comments: