Thursday, August 21, 2008

Carnival Week !! Where has the summer gone.

Carnival Week !! Where has the summer gone. That's what New Englanders say every August when the sun sets earlier and the air is cooler at night. But, what a wonderful summer we have this year. Everyday the sun shines at least part of the day (only 3 rainy days all summer) and it was hot in June, July and August- so many beautiful beach days. The guests really enjoyed the whisper quiet AC.

Friends have been asking about writing back to my blog. After all, what is a blog- a one way conversation ? I get to write what I see, hear and feel at The Moors while making friends. Moms say opening up the web site for the whole world has ramifications and they want to think about it some more. I don't get to make the executive decisions around here so I'll have to live with it.

Sasha says she doesn't want to hear anymore of my bird hunting adventures. She is right. Since I've been watching the birds from the inside (no more freedom runs) , I've developed a sensitivity to them. I love the way they chirp, chirp, tweet , tweet singing to each other. Birds are animals, too.
Can you see that I'm a cat with a new attitude; my instinct to hunt is less compelling.

Speaking about those birds, they were so loud this week just before dawn that Moms woke up at 4:30 (even Jesse heard them and got up too early). Since I'm up all night, dawn is a time to play. As soon as Moms' eyes flap open I'm there with the crinkley paper ready to let the games begin. They make a ball with my trash collections and we play hockey, soccer, a little baseball. I rock !

After the games, I have a few crunchies, and it's off to my chair for naps. I'll be curled up in a sunny window watching you at the pool. Yes, I see you sprawled on a chaise lounge (looking gorgeous, might I add)

Are you feeling lucky? It is time for the free night raffle. Be sure to sign up.

Bye for now. See you in September.

Bob

2 comments:

MzTraveler said...

What about a visit from a Shih-Tzu 25lb dog for a couple of days? I love to have out with my parents....The kicked the other kids out, so now its just us. They already have booked a room and want to hitch along or I will be very lonely and I'm too shy to stay at a shelter, I used to live in a pet rescue until my parents adopted me so I don't like to play with other dogs and will be lonely waiting for my parents to come back.

MzTraveler said...

I would love to visit your city with my parents...
What about a visit from a Shih-Tzu 25lb dog for a couple of days? I love to have out with my parents....The kicked the other kids out, so now its just us. They already have booked a room and want to hitch along or I will be very lonely and I'm too shy to stay at a shelter, I used to live in a pet rescue until my parents adopted me so I don't like to play with other dogs and will be lonely waiting for my parents to come back.